Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Welcome, toddler 2014!

Wow, baby new year is already potty-trained, and I'm still reeling from New Year's Eve celebrations.  Well, this year is going to be a mixed bag of writing, editing, and publishing.  I've re-jiggered my goals for this year to be more in line with the amount of time I actually spend doing stuff in a year.  Somehow, I only work on my own stuff about 300 hours a year, which is only half the time I technically have.  But rest has to come from somewhere, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

That said, here's a goal list for this year:

Writing:
1 novel completed
This will be Queen of Cinders, Volume Three, and finish off the trilogy.

Publishing:
The Gallery Hunters, Volume III
This anthology will compile the stories of Gloren and Yr Neh published by Black Gate Magazine, as well as a number of new tales.  It will serve as a test-bed for self-publishing.  Airbags and sick bags in stock?
Check!

Self-Promotion
I'm working on a small animated short to go along with The Gallery Hunters release.  Yes, I love animation and cinematography.  And yes, it does take a long tine.

Agent Hunt
I can't give up the traditional route, now that things have changed so much since my last efforts at representation.  Since I used to do much the same thing in a different industry, I understand that getting an agent is far from the goal, but merely a first step.  that will help with the rejections involved with the process.  I've got enough work in the pipe to keep any success or failure of any one of them from being a game-ender.

Painting
6 Covers
I need to get cracking on marketing my art.  This is something I've avoided long enough.  But marketing isn't my thing, so I'm going to be groping, here.  But I've got a few projects already under way, so we'll see how this goes.

And that's it, mostly.  Pretty modest.  And modest is my middle name.

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to post the link to the short when you get it done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet I will. in fact, I'll want it plastered pretty much everywhere, so any help I could get would be appreciated. Did I mention I'm not Joe Marketing?

    ReplyDelete